This site employs many features to make information more accessible:
- All inline images have text alternates (ALT attributes)
- Relative font sizes have been used, so text can be enlarged or reduced using the text size options available in visual browsers
- The site can be navigated without the use of a mouse
- Page formatting has been achieved using CSS, to ensure that the semantic structure of the information is preserved
- This site follows Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
Minimum browser requirements
This site has been optimised for the following visual browsers, and should also work in AT running on top of these browsers:
- Firefox 3.0 +
- Internet Explorer 6 +
- Opera 10 +
- Safari 4 +
- Chrome 6 +
Keyboard users should not be disadvantaged in navigating this site. Pages may be navigated via linear tabbing, while links and buttons can be activated by pressing ENTER.
Changing the text size
Most navigation elements are plain text. We have provided text alternatives to graphics on the site. If you have difficulties viewing the text at sfo.govt.nz you may be able to increase the size of the text on screen.
Internet Explorer 7.0 (Windows)
Select the 'Page' menu, then 'Text Size', and then your chosen size (or if you have a mouse wheel simply hold down CTRL and roll the mouse wheel to alter the text size). Alternatively on the 'Page' menu, select 'Zoom', and select the percentage increase or decrease you require.
Internet Explorer 6.0 (Windows)
Select the 'View' menu, then 'Text Size', and then your chosen size (or if you have a mouse wheel simply hold down CTRL and roll the mouse wheel to alter the text size).
Internet Explorer 5.5 (Windows, Mac)
Select the 'View' menu, then 'Text Size', and then your chosen size (or if you have a mouse wheel, in Internet Explorer, simply hold down CTRL and roll the mouse wheel to alter the text size).
Firefox 3.0, Opera 7.0+
Select the 'View' menu, then 'Zoom', and then select the percentage increase or decrease you require. Alternatively select CTRL + + or CTRL + -.
1. Customise fonts
2. Provide control over the amount of page content that is visible by default.
Windows XP/Vista and Firefox 3+
6. Refresh the current web page
Windows XP/Vista and Internet Explorer 6/7/8
2. 'Internet Options'
4. 'Custom Level'
5. Scroll down to 'Scripting'
6. 'Enable' 'Active Scripting'
9. Refresh the current web page
Windows XP/Vista and Opera 10
2. 'Quick Preferences'
OS X 10.5+ and Safari 4
We are aware that some documents may not be accessible to some users of this site. Please contact us if you need a document that you can’t currently access.