The Serious Fraud Office is a highly specialised government agency responsible for investigating and prosecuting serious or complex financial crime, including bribery and corruption. We take pride in the work we do to keep New Zealand safe, and we employ an excellent team to ensure we do just that.
We are based in Auckland with about 50 employees - 90 percent of whom have a frontline role. The central city office consists of forensic accountants, investigators, lawyers, business services and investigation support specialists.
Maintaining a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture is important at the SFO. Appointments are based on merit and all employees have a responsibility to promote a work culture in which all people, whatever their gender, ethnic or social background, sexual orientation or role – are valued and treated equitably and with respect.
Visit our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/serious-fraud-office to connect with us.
Electronic Forensic Coordinator
What will you do?
- Day to day administration of the SFO’s evidence management system Relativity and its case management system ServiceNow.
- Ensure evidence is imported and correctly stored so all information will appear in the correct search functions and be easily retrieved when needed.
- You will become the in-house expert for both Relativity and ServiceNow – both database administration and search analytics. You will provide support and training for all Relativity users.
- Write programming scripts as needed.
- Develop knowledge in electronic forensics so that you can provide support to the SFO’s specialists.
- 2+ years of experience in database systems administration.
- Commercial use of a management, e-discovery or document review database
- An expert with Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to learn fast, think on your feet, multitask task and be a natural problem solver
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to communicate with a technical and non-technical audience.
- Experience with Relativity ideally RCA (Relativity Certified Administrator) qualification.
- Experience with ServiceNow is desirable but not essential.
What it’s like to work here:
You will work with a small close knit, motivated team who can assist with your long-term learning and development.
This is a new role so you will be expected to hit the ground running. You will be dealing with massive data and a variety of cases so no two days will be the same. In return you will be awarded a fantastic role with a reputable stable organisation that genuinely makes a difference!
Closing date: 5.00pm on Monday 7 May 2018
NOTE to overseas enquiries and non-New Zealand residents: While we welcome international enquiries, only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for interviews in New Zealand will be considered for advertised positions.